10 months ago
At Apple, great ideas quickly have a way of becoming great products, services, and customer experiences. Bring passion and dedication to your job and there's no telling what you could accomplish here. Do you want to be part of a team that builds cutting edge software service, a team that is continually innovating and is proud of making a difference? If so, bring your passion and talent and come join us to be part of something big and amazing. Apple's IS&T team is looking for a talented leader in software quality engineering who strongly believes in “good enough is never enough” to take our capabilities in automation, tools, process, and effectiveness to the next level. This position will provide management leadership, technical leadership, and strategic direction to the quality engineering team. We seek passion for quality, a knack for identifying and implementing innovative automation solutions and a passion for collaborating with all product stakeholders to deliver quality through best practices in software development.
As a leader, you will build, develop, and retain a high-performing team of quality and software engineers and create an environment where they can thrive and succeed. You act as a visible role model for your team when it comes to getting things done, meeting, and exceeding expectations. We look forward to your skills in relationship management and partnership as this role requires working with management and engineering leadership, developers, quality engineers, EPMs and SREs who take pride in building outstanding scalable solutions. You will work in an agile software development environment and continuously enhance our automation infrastructure to move towards continuous deployment where every code change is thoroughly tested and considered ready to be deployed. You should be frenzied about building automation infrastructure that is stable, maintainable, and scalable enabling automation at pace with product feature development. You will be fully accountable for quality of product features. To be successful, you will need to track and communicate release readiness, identify any gaps, and consistently assess new and innovative ways to improve automation solutions. While the primary role is leading/managing employees, you should have deep technical knowledge on distributed systems and cloud computing, platform as a service, microservices architecture, and can quickly understand and respond to peer teams' needs. We will also benefit from your experience working with short release cycles, do not hesitate to code attitude, and active participation in design and code reviews. KEY RESPONSIBILITIES - Develop, build and manage a team of high performing quality and software engineers. - Define quality and automation KPI goals for the team and drive success towards achieving them. - Assess and communicate release readiness to all project status stakeholders in a timely manner. Drive issue resolution. - Refine and expand existing test automation infrastructure and strategies with a focus on configurability, scalability, low complexity and reuse. - Define automation best practices for team and mentor junior team members on automation techniques and technology. Perform peer code reviews - Champion the best software testing practices within the team and evangelize across the organization, software development practices that improve software quality. - Be hands on. Participate in various testing activities, including manual testing, automating test cases and troubleshooting issues.
Skills & requirements
- 10+ years industry experience developing and testing large scale customer-facing internet systems with complex distributed integrations
- 3+ years of experience managing engineering/quality engineering teams
- Good experience working with Java and related technologies
- Excellent problem solving and critical thinking skills with a demonstrated ability to come up with innovative solutions to software testing challenges.
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to communicate effectively with the team and external partners
- Expertise with Restful web services, relational and non-relational databases.
- Good knowledge of cloud native and related technologies like Kubernetes and Docker.
- Strong background in designing and delivering automation solutions
- Strong understanding of performance engineering concepts, and tools; influence architecture and design decisions.
- Experience with Web UI testing frameworks like Selenium, Protractor and API testing frameworks like REST Assured.
- Good understanding of DevOps tools like Splunk, AppDynamics, Ansible and CI/CD platforms like Jenkins, Spinnaker, etc.
- Ability to act as a technical leader to increase production uptime through process and automation, increase test coverage through automation, reduce customer-impacting defects, identify high risk/reward opportunities and make informed risk-based decisions maximizing chances of success and promote software testing standards and mentor engineers in the team.
BS degree in computer science or equivalent field