a year ago
As a member of our Software Engineering Group you will dive head-first into creating innovative solutions that advance businesses and careers. You'll join an inspiring and curious team of technologists dedicated to improving the design, analytics, development, coding, testing and application programming that goes into creating high quality software and new products. You'll be tasked with keeping the team and other key stakeholders up to speed on the progress of what's being developed. Coming in with an understanding of the importance of end-to-end software development-such as Agile frameworks-is key. And best of all, you'll be working with and sharing ideas, information and innovation with our global team of technologists from all over the world.
This role requires a wide variety of strengths and capabilities, including:
* Advanced knowledge of application, data and infrastructure architecture disciplines
* Understanding of architecture and design across all systems
* Working proficiency in developmental toolsets
* Ability to collaborate with high-performing teams and individuals throughout the firm to accomplish common goals
* Proficiency in one or more general purpose programming languages
* Understanding of software skills such as business analysis, development, maintenance and software improvement
The Corporate Technology (CT) organization develops applications and provides technology support for corporate functions across JPMorgan Chase, including Global Finance, Corporate Treasury, Risk Management, Human Resources, Compliance, Legal, and all functions within the Corporate Administrative Office (CAO).
CT teams are aligned with corporate partners' evolving technology needs and the firm's ever expanding technology controls agenda.
A top CT priority is purpose-building scalable corporate systems. Teams focus is on:
* Responding to the evolving regulatory environment and helping to meet the firm's regulatory commitments by addressing internal and external commitments
* Advancing the firm's Roadmap programs -- Single Sourcing of data, Architecture Convergence, and Rationalization of Application Portfolio and Platforms
* Adopting industry leading technologies to support best-in-class business capabilities for high performance computing and data storage solutions
* Driving innovation across the firm's corporate technology portfolio, increasing efficiencies through process automation and Agile application development, with an emphasis on user experience and shorter development cycles
* Investing in security & controls for cyber, access/entitlements uplift, data protection and application resiliency
Controls & Operational Risk Technology supports - identification, assessment, and prioritization of risks followed by coordinated application of resources to minimize, monitor, and control the probability and/or impact of events.
Tech at JPMC:
When you work at JPMorgan Chase & Co., you're not just working at a global financial institution. You're an integral part of one of the world's biggest tech companies. In 14 technology hubs worldwide, our team of 40,000+ technologists design, build and deploy everything from enterprise technology initiatives to big data and mobile solutions, as well as innovations in electronic payments, cybersecurity, machine learning, and cloud development. Our $9.5B+ annual investment in technology enables us to hire people to create innovative solutions that will not only transform the financial services industry, but also change the world.
* Design and Development of key functionality within the application
* Carry out design reviews/code reviews at agreed points throughout the project life cycle
* Work closely with the vendor development team to monitor the design/development undertaken by them
* Hands on design and development of technical artifacts
* Participate in technical reviews; define/Improve processes on configuration management, deployment and resiliency planning for the application.
* Bachelor or Master's degree in Engineering, Computer science or equivalent with relevant experience.
* 9 + years of experience working with a mix of enterprise development technologies including Java and J2EE and strong Applicability of Object-Oriented techniques and principles
* Minimum 7+ years hands-on software development work experience in all phases of software development including design, configuration, testing, debugging, implementation, and support of large-scale, business centric and process based applications in large-scale distributed technology projects in a Java / J2EE environment.
* Working experience in MVC data binding UI frameworks such as Angular 2+ and Tuxedo CSS
* Working experience in Java/J2EE technologies including SpringBoot, Microservices, Spring and Design patterns
* Working experience on Cloud Environment development and deployment process
* Ability to write relational Oracle queries to help with data validation.
* Development experience in JPA frameworks such as Hibernate and iBatis
* Source code management system like GIT/Bitbucket etc.
* Development Methodologies like Agile, Scrum, extreme Programming
Excellent written and oral communication skills and demonstrated ability to interact with all technical and non-technical members of the organizationJPMorgan Chase & Co., one of the oldest financial institutions, offers innovative financial solutions to millions of consumers, small businesses and many of the world's most prominent corporate, institutional and government clients under the J.P. Morgan and Chase brands. Our history spans over 200 years and today we are a leader in investment banking, consumer and small business banking, commercial banking, financial transaction processing and asset management.
We recognize that our people are our strength and the diverse talents they bring to our global workforce are directly linked to our success. We are an equal opportunity employer and place a high value on diversity and inclusion at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of any protected attribute, including race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital or veteran status, pregnancy or disability, or any other basis protected under applicable law. In accordance with applicable law, we make reasonable accommodations for applicants' and employees' religious practices and beliefs, as well as any mental health or physical disability needs.
JPMorgan Chase & Co.