2 years ago
Who We Are
Nokia is a global leader in the technologies that connect people and things. With state-of-the-art software, hardware and services for any type of network, Nokia is uniquely positioned to help communication service providers, governments, and large enterprises deliver on the promise of 5G, the Cloud and the Internet of Things. Serving customers in over 100 countries, our research scientists and engineers continue to invent and accelerate new technologies that will increasingly transform the way people and things communicate and connect.
Deepfield is a Nokia owned company that builds the analytic and security solutions that monitor and defend over 90% of internet backbone networks. We produce cutting-edge research at the intersection of data science, visualization, and network analytics, and we create, deploy, and maintain the largest global network analytics platform. Come join us and help advance state-of-the-art network intelligence.
What We Do
At Deepfield, a Nokia owned company, our customers are the internet - from content providers to global network operators. There's no shortage of data in these environments; the challenge is to turn that data into actionable information for everything from strategic business decisions to automated network operation. The biggest players in the industry are turning to Deepfield for answers.
While one of the key aspects of our product is the data, the way that data is presented and the workflows we provide play a big role in the ability of our customers to take action. That’s where you come in. You’ll work on a small team helping to create and bring to life the vision that we have for big data. With your strong passion for user experience, we can help alleviate and clarify the information challenges large amounts of data provide.
Our ideal candidate is a frontend developer who has at least three years of experience writing production-ready code for web products. We’re looking for someone who can take an idea and run with it, turning it into something useful and beautiful.
- Write clean, modern, scalable, and maintainable code for our web application
- Mentor junior engineers
- Participate in code reviews
- Contribute to architecture/design discussions
- Help lead and scale our engineering organization
Skill set requirements
- Web programming and knowledge of browser standards
- Git, docker, and other Unix command tools
- Experiencing consuming/using RESTful APIs
- Thriving in a fast-paced, quickly evolving, tech start-up environment
- Contributing to a collaborative, dynamic, and diverse team
- Experience leading a team or mentoring other engineers
- Experience with Python or C
- Experience maintaining a single website or product for more than one year
- Familiarity with D3, Highcharts, or other charting packages
- Experience writing automated tests (e.g. unit or integration tests)
- Familiarity with ES6 (ECMAscript 2015)
- The excitement of having immediate impact across a global customer base and some of the most important internet companies
- A group of people that enjoys hanging out together! We have frequent company events such as demos, tech talk, outings...oh, and did we mention food?
- The opportunity to apply state-of-the-art technologies to solve interesting and challenging problems
- Innovative teammates with diverse interests and hobbies
- A relaxed, flexible, and fun environment located in the heart of downtown Ann Arbor stocked with plenty of snacks and sunlight