4 months ago
Talabat is the leading online food ordering platform in MENA, operating in 8 countries across the region, with over 1,600+ employees, millions of users, we deliver hundreds of thousands of orders every day.
We are part of the Delivery Hero network building the next generation of online food-delivery platforms across the globe. Our network is truly international with engineering teams in 13 countries and operations in 40+ countries.
Our Tech teams leverage a diverse stack to create cutting-edge solutions to complex problems that cover the full customer experience - starting with an online search for food and ending with a delicious meal arriving at your doorstep.
Role summary / responsibilities
As a Senior Software Engineer II, you will work on our next generation ordering platform to create a smooth and easy ordering experience for our customers.
If you're a creative problem solver who is hungry for a new adventure, an international workplace is waiting for you in the heart of Dubai!
● Design, write and deliver software to improve the availability, scalability, latency and efficiency of Talabat’s services
● Inspire other talented engineers in an agile development environment to innovate, implement, and deploy complex software solutions in a commercial, mission-critical environment for millions of customers.
● Work with multiple teams to design flexible and extensible architectures for new features, components and services.
● Coach junior engineers through code reviews, pair programming, and tech talk sessions.
● Partner with product and other stakeholders, to drive successful solutions.
The following experience is relevant to us
● 8+ years of experience in software engineering.
● Solid experience building large-scale applications in C#, .NET/.NET Core/ASP.NET MVC.
● Experience in one of the technologies e.g. mobile development, web and DevOps.
● Experience working within Agile practices and knowledge of Agile values & principles.
● Proven experience with unit-testing, TDD. BDD/ATDD.
● Experience with cloud platforms (e.g. AWS, Google Cloud, Azure).
● Exceptional understanding and experience of building applications in distributed systems architecture (Microservices, Event-Driven and RESTful Services).
● Experience working with Relational database and NoSQL (e.g. SQL Server, PostgreSQL, Redis).
● Experience with CI/CD tools and techniques.