2 years ago
Reports to: Delivery Architect/Technical Director
What do we expect from a Senior Frontend Developer?
We are looking for a Senior Frontend Developer who can help our enterprise clients translate their requirements into functional and appealing interactive applications. You would be responsible for building the frontend components of these applications. You will be outcome driven, and have a drive to deliver the best quality output for our clients within specific timeframes. You will be working in high performing software teams who are distributed across different locations.
Your day to day activities may include:
- Designing & building applications using client side technologies including React.js.
- Supporting component design, development and maintenance and taking responsibility for personal technical quality standards within the project team.
- Assisting with defining structured practices, especially in source code management, building and deployment.
- Designing and implementing data storage solutions.
- Implementing security and data protection.
- Executing meticulous automated tests in line with best practice.
- Troubleshooting and debugging applications.
- Optimising performance in applications for maximum speed and scalability.
- Using appropriate tools to maintain version control and build processes.
- Getting feedback from users and clients, and building solutions for them.
- Assisting with the analysis of client requirements.
- Working with and supporting the Delivery Architect (team lead) in project execution and timely delivery.
- Collaborating with client teams.
- Follow new and emerging technologies.
- Write documentation and guides.
- Contributing to NearForm tooling and open-source projects.
- Understanding and embracing the NearForm culture.
Broad interests, logical, analytical, creative, curious, self-learner, change adopter, self-disciplined, collaborator, exceptional communicator
- Stay up to date on emerging technologies.
- Located: Global
- Available for short-term travel when required (post-Covid)
- Occasional ability to be flexible with working hours when required
- Fluent English & superb communication skills (written and oral)
What we are looking for:
As a Senior Frontend Developer you will be involved largely on the front end of the application development process. We are keen to hire people who can hit the ground running, as such, there are some skills and experience we really need you to have:
- Experience delivering at a Senior Developer level in an enterprise environment.
- Practical experience of delivering in an agile environment.
- Practical experience of knowledge of developing real-world solutions and platforms.
- Deep understanding of how modern websites are built.
- Deep understanding of modern testing methodologies, tools and practices.
- Deep understanding of versioning control tools - Git in particular.
- Deep understanding of browser testing and debugging.
- Understanding of security and performance considerations.
- Understanding of cross browser issues and how to debug them.
- Understanding of web accessibility standards.
- Understanding of JSON / RESTful web services.
- Understanding of architectural and design patterns.
- Understanding of deployment tools and systems integration.
- Understanding of SQL Databases (PostgreSQL is preferred).
- Understanding of layout aesthetics, responsive design and mobile web development.
- Understanding with a wide variety of open-source technologies and tools.
- Excellent analytical and multitasking skills.
- Excellent communication and collaboration skills.
- Empathy and people skills.
If you have any experience in the following areas, please do mention it, as whilst it is optional it is highly desired:
- Experience with GraphQL and /or Typescript.
- Previous consultancy experience.
- Component-based design techniques such as using pattern libraries, styled-components, CSS-in-JS, BE etc.
- Infrastructure as code technology such as Terraform and Cloud Formation.
- Experience with multiple cloud technologies.
- Experience with SQL databases, particularly PostgreSQL
- Understanding of cloud architecture and administration.
- Experience debugging infrastructure.
- Writing blog posts and giving talks.
What will you get?
- Work/Life balance: we have a genuine dedication to work/life balance.
- Family-friendly: we understand how important family is, so our flexible environment allows you to work around what matters - school run, no problem!
- The Wellness Hub: we offer resources and support and have a genuine commitment to fostering/improving NearFormer’s wellbeing.
- Knowledge perks: explore new hobbies, brush up on life skills or simply learn something new, there is something there for everyone.
- NearFest: we all get together in person at our annual company retreat
Why do you want to join the team?
We adopt a person-first approach to hiring. That means we hire the best people – it’s as simple as that. Our lucky HR team gets to pick the cream of the crop from around the world and has brought together a collection of dynamic and talented individuals we like to call ‘NearFormers’.
Although we are widely dispersed, NearFormers are a tightly-knit team. We trust one another and care about our colleagues. Building on our open-source origins, we promote the sharing of thoughts, knowledge and ideas.
NearForm is committed to shaping a better world in all that we do. Our global team is built based on respect, inclusivity, diversity and excellence.