9 months ago
Requisition ID: 266692
Work Area: Software-Development Operations
Expected Travel: 0 - 10%
Career Status: Professional
Employment Type: Regular Full Time
SAP started in 1972 as a team of five colleagues with a desire to do something new. Together, they changed enterprise software and reinvented how business was done. Today, as a market leader in enterprise application software, we remain true to our roots. That’s why we engineer solutions to fuel innovation, foster equality and spread opportunity for our employees and customers across borders and cultures.
SAP values the entrepreneurial spirit, fostering creativity and building lasting relationships with our employees. We know that a diverse and inclusive workforce keeps us competitive and provides opportunities for all. We believe that together we can transform industries, grow economics, lift up societies and sustain our environment. Because it’s the best-run businesses that make the world run better and improve people’s lives.
The Bengaluru Kubernetes Core team’s responsibility, among others, currently comprises of the concrete responsibility for “Gardener” https://github.com/gardener namely -
- Contributing to machine controller manager to manage the machines/nodes of the cluster across different cloud provider.
- Etcd as the central store for Gardener objects with first class backup and restore capabilities
- Control plane engineering endeavors to achieve highly scalable clusters running at most optimal operating costs.
If you are interested in cloud development based on cutting-edge technology like Kubernetes and building-up an active open source community, you will find an inspiring and professional environment for your learning and growth.
As a Senior Developer, you will contribute in the design, development and running of a managed Kubernetes offering with Gardener. We emphasize teamwork and a trust-based working model. Collaboration with other teams in an international environment will be a regular part of your work.
- Demonstrate excellent skills to design and develop distributed systems based on Kubernetes controller and resource paradigm.
- Apply design patterns and anti-patterns in distributed systems running containerized workloads.
- Create a mindshare for Gardener and your component in the open-source community.
- Represent Gardener at Kubernetes and Cloud-native technology events with paper/talk submissions.
- Masters / Bachelor’s in Computer Science from Premiere Institution with 6 - 8 years of relevant Industry experience
- Excellent knowledge in at least one scripting and one programming language (Go Lang preferred)
- Strong experience with Unix/Linux internals and prior work in building virtualized / containerized environments.
- Hands-on experience in one or more (cloud) infrastructure services and technologies e.g. AWS, Azure,GCP, OpenStack, VMWare, OpenShift.
- Prior experience in design, deployment and running of cloud infrastructures at scale supporting PAAS/SAAS solutions.
- Excellent understanding of cloud native development, cloud computing, distributed systems and container orchestration technology such as Kubernetes.
- Exposure to building necessary automation at all levels of product lifecycle.
#SOF2020 #LifeAtSAP # SAPLabsIndia
WHAT YOU GET FROM US
Success is what you make it. At SAP, we help you make it your own. A career at SAP can open many doors for you. If you’re searching for a company that’s dedicated to your ideas and individual growth, recognizes you for your unique contributions, fills you with a strong sense of purpose, and provides a fun, flexible and inclusive work environment – apply now.
SAP'S DIVERSITY COMMITMENT
To harness the power of innovation, SAP invests in the development of its diverse employees. We aspire to leverage the qualities and appreciate the unique competencies that each person brings to the company.
SAP is committed to the principles of Equal Employment Opportunity and to providing reasonable accommodations to applicants with physical and/or mental disabilities. If you are in need of accommodation or special assistance to navigate our website or to complete your application, please send an e-mail with your request to Recruiting Operations Team (Americas: Careers.NorthAmerica@sap.com or Careers.LatinAmerica@sap.com, APJ: Careers.APJ@sap.com, EMEA: Careers@sap.com).
Successful candidates might be required to undergo a background verification with an external vendor.