10 months ago
- Full-time permanent roles available
- All roles are based out of Sydney, Australia with visa support available
- Write code day-to-day whilst coaching and up-skilling those around you
Do you enjoy coaching others and working with colleagues who help each other develop their skills every day? We partner with our clients to deliver projects and new product features every day, whilst helping to develop the skills, knowledge and capability of those around us in the team. You'll have the opportunity to work in Product Development teams in different domains, both in new greenfield products as well as evolving existing ones.
Through regular Learning Lunches, Technical Brown Bags, Software Crafters Meetups, Team Off sites and other team get-togethers the team at Pragmateam learn and collaborate together and are always sharing knowledge and helping each other, both within Pragmateam and in the community.
To be successful in this role you have an open mind to the kind of development language that you use on the job and most likely consider yourself a polyglot, ie. someone who is keen to work with the right software solution and is happy to learn new languages or further develop their skills if needed for the task at hand...you’ll also love developing the skills of other software engineers and helping them improve their craft and capability. The ability and passion to coach others and make your team in the client always a little bit better is part of the job, so having the empathy and soft skills to do it is important.
Why it's good…
- You’ll have the opportunity to work across different domains, with a variety of different technologies.
- You’ll share your knowledge and develop the skills of those around you, whilst writing code and learning every day.
- A training budget that you manage for yourself. Decide if you want to go to a conference, spend it all on books or dedicate yourself to an online training course.
- We choose our work and often say no, so people like the work that we do around here.
- You'll be an integral part of a cross-functional agile team and contribute to all aspects of the iterative cycle.
- Working closely with client teams can provide a lot of job satisfaction as you are heavily involved with product development.
- The 'team' in 'Pragmateam' does mean something: we always place a few of us in any given client so we can support each other
- We have a culture of continuous feedback and you'll need to be comfortable giving and receiving feedback
- We work in clients employing continuous delivery practices such as CI, automated testing and continuous deployment
To be successful in the role you’ll have the following skills:
- You’ll have solid experience working in teams that use XP practices (eg. CI, TDD, pairing, small releases).
- You enjoy supporting and coaching others as well ase helping teams improve and develop their capabilities, be that through pairing, Coding Dojos, Dev Guilds, influencing, 1-on-1's etc.
- Ideally you’ll have experience across the full tech stack with an interest in developing software both backend and front end.
- You will have experience of TDD and understand the benefits of writing tests first before starting on your code
- Solid experience refactoring code, ability to describe different refactoring techniques
- Experience with Object Oriented programming and be able to discuss design patterns
- Awareness of distributed architectures and micro-services and interested to learn more.
Interested? Why not apply here or you can take a look further at Pragmateam here: