2 years ago
Signavio is the leading cloud-based SaaS business transformation and process management company, founded 11 years ago, and based in Berlin. Our international expansion started in 2015 and now, we've opened offices in 10 locations worldwide. We are looking for a Lead DevOps Engineer to strengthen our development team and help us create the next generation of process mining tools, at scale. This unique opportunity is the right role for a motivated, talented person who is keen to shape a product vision, and ready to guide the organization in that direction. Our infrastructure team provides a platform to application development teams for building their services. The platform, Signavio Cloud OS, covers various aspects such as container orchestration, monitoring, deployment tools, security and governance. We aim for an optimal experience for developers - our users -, so that they can bootstrap, enhance, and run integrated services with ease.
- Be a key contributor to our platform and the team behind it, co-shaping all technical aspects of software development including our DevOps culture, methodologies, feasibility studies, timely delivery, development principles and practices, and quality assurance
- Work closely with the People Leads and Product Owners of the group, mentor Senior DevOps Engineers and report to the DevOps Transformation Lead
- Actively contribute to technical vision, strategy, and architecture that provides guidance and ensures the ability to meet business requirements in the mid and long term
- Sparring partner and coach for senior engineers in the team; provide regular in-depth feedback
- Be a lead contributor in our growing Signavio Cloud OS platform team
- Supporting the implement a compelling internal Platform-as-a-Service offering with the right abstractions
- Driving the efforts to transform our existing infrastructure to support the cultural change
- Enabling other software engineering teams to own their parts of the infrastructure
- Together with compliance and security engineers you make sure that our SaaS product meets regulatory requirements of modern B2B SaaS solutions, as well as our business requirements
- With your team you are responsible for the 24/7 availability of the Signavio Cloud OS platform
- Longtime experience in hands-on positions, developed leadership skills over time, and enjoy, besides coding, to support others and help them grow.
- Previous experience as active part of a DevOps transformation or you have several years of experience working in a DevOps culture
- In possess of strong strategic thinking
- Experience working with AWS cloud technologies, Terraform as well as Docker and Kubernetes
- You are transparent about your work, in the form of demos, presentations and reporting to a variety of internal stakeholders
- Great interpersonal skills and ability to communicate effectively, share knowledge and enable others
- Comfortable to work both independently and as a team member
- Experience working with regulated environments is a plus
What we offer:
We keep things open, agile and communicative. It is all based on trust – no micromanaging, no nearshoring, no offshoring – and face-to-face communication is premium.
The whole department is located together in one office in beautiful Berlin, however due to the current situation we work and onboard 100% remotely to keep our employees safe. Our team members are self-organized within their teams, working on independent projects or closely with Product Leads, developers and UX designers. We value your thoughts and ideas and will give you the freedom to push and implement them! We offer competitive salaries and support personal growth, including functional in-house coaching. You will gain – and share – knowledge during recurring learning groups, jours fixes and our annual code camp. You are free to use the OS of your choice, the tooling you are comfortable with and set up your workspace the way you like it.
We get that balancing a family and work can be a challenge, so everyone (family or no family) gets flexible working hours and 30 days of holidays per year.
*DO I NEED TO MATCH ALL THE POSITION REQUIREMENTS TO APPLY?
Well, it depends. Studies have shown that men are more likely to apply for a job when they meet at least 60% of the position requirements, while others (women/non-binary) with the same percentage of match are not. (No, not all men are equal – we’re talking statistics here.
If you want an “insider tip” it would be this: apply even if you don’t meet all the requirements. Sure, we might reject your application: that’s the worst that can happen. But instead, we might redirect you to another role that could be a better fit. Could be a win-win!
Don’t reject your own application before giving us a chance to evaluate your skills and experience. We are all learning! Although the list of position requirements above is carefully crafted and considered, you might end up being a better team member than we could’ve hoped for, even though you don’t meet all the requirements. It happens more often than you’d think.