a year ago
If you really want to make a difference – make it with us
Siemens Mobility is a separately managed company of Siemens AG. As a leader in transport solutions for more than 160 years, Siemens Mobility is constantly innovating its portfolio in its core areas of rolling stock, rail automation and electrification, turnkey systems, intelligent traffic systems as well as related services. With digitalization, Siemens Mobility is enabling mobility operators worldwide to make infrastructure intelligent, increase value sustainably over the entire lifecycle, enhance passenger experience and guarantee availability. In fiscal year 2020, which ended on September 30, 2020, the former Siemens Mobility Division posted revenue of €9.1 billion and had around 38,500 employees worldwide.
This role is part of our business unit "Intelligent Traffic Systems" (more than 3,000 employees and 600 million Euro revenue). ITS is preparing for the step towards organizational independence, which is to be taken in the current fiscal year. As a 100% subsidiary, ITS will remain part of Siemens Mobility for the time beeing.
At our ITS Digital Lab we develop AI-driven solutions for even smarter management of road traffic and specific fleets such as eBikes. To do this, we work closely with our customers (e.g. cities), Siemens departments (e.g. R&D) and partners (e.g. start-ups), with agile methods and rapid prototyping in line with the lean start¬up concept.
In this environment, you can build up your expertise in traffic planning, traffic engineering and data analytics to help shape ecologically sustainable smart traffic for the future.
Your new role – challenging and future-oriented
- Join us at our Business Unit Intelligent Traffic System within Siemens Mobility GmbH, where you will take on the role of a Full Stack Software Developer (f/m/d).
- You will work closely with our Data Scientists (f/m/d) and will be responsible for the development of data-based software solutions for the optimized management of road traffic, transport fleets and intermodal transport.
- In doing so, you will build on and further develop microservice-based software architectures and create or integrate them into the cloud.
- Together with your colleagues, you will analyze requirements and customer wishes to bring them to a successful conclusion.
- Life cycle management of existing software solutions and working in the existing DevOps team are also part of your tasks.
Your qualifications – solid and appropriate
- You hold a master’s degree in computer science, engineering or comparable field of study.
- You have many years of professional experience in software development and experience with modern cloud technologies such as AWS, Azure or Google.
- Very good knowledge of microservice-based software architectures as well as technologies such as Docker and Kubernets is a must.
- Furthermore, knowledge in ensuring software quality (TDD, refactoring, code reviews, testing, security) is a plus.
- Since you will be working in an international team, excellent English skills as well as a certain willingness to travel are required. Knowledge of German is beneficial.
Getting in touch with us – straightforward and direct
if you would like to find out more about Siemens before applying.
+49 (9131) 17 52430
if you wish to discuss any initial questions with our recruitment team. The contact person handling this job ad is Julia Krzystek.
if you would like more information about jobs and careers at Siemens.
As an equal-opportunity employer we are happy to consider applications from individuals with disabilities.
Organization: Siemens Mobility
Company: Siemens Mobility GmbH
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time