9 months ago
Relayr is the Industrial Internet of Things (IIoT) powerhouse delivering the most complete solution for risk-free digital transformations. We unleash data insights from existing equipment, machines, and production lines to improve our customers’ business outcomes.
We provide a unique combination of first-class IIoT technology and its delivery with powerful financial and insurance offerings — all from a single source trusted by hundreds of companies worldwide. With around 300 employees, we are a truly global family with locations in Germany, the USA, Poland, Italy, France, and the UK. Named twice the hottest start-up in Berlin by WIRED magazine and a winner of The Spark - the German Digital Award, relayr is now part of the Munich Re group.
Being at the forefront of innovation means challenging the status quo. Our talented engineering team is committed to delivering first-class IoT solutions and staying ahead of the competition. Currently we are looking for a DevOps Engineer to join our team in Berlin.
DevOps team is providing and maintaining the infrastructure, tooling, and processes to the Engineering department responsible for developing and running the multi-tenant industrial IoT platform. We highly value automation, “everything as code”, repeatability, and peer reviews. We are a distributed team and value communication, efficient collaboration, and transparency. We work closely with other Engineering teams and participate in many interesting projects and initiatives.
- Build and scale our Kubernetes clusters in AWS and Azure
- Maintain infrastructure as code using Terraform and Ansible
- Develop continuous deployment and monitoring strategies
- Be in touch with development and QA teams in order to deliver high-performance solutions
- Maintain the best practices in terms of security and high availability
- Constant readiness for disaster recovery
- Strive for many 9’s of uptime
- Take part in on-call rotation for L3 support
- Develop long term strategies
- Be ready to learn new technologies and evaluate new tools
- 4+ years professional experience in the DevOps area
- Command-line, bash & python are your friends
- Experience with Kubernetes is required
- Experience working with at least one major cloud provider (AWS, Azure, GCP) is required
- A good understanding of containerization is required
- You are comfortable with TCP/IP, HTTP, and TLS
- Understanding of load balancing and high availability design patterns
- Understanding of security and data privacy best practices
- Database administration experience: Postgres/MySQL, Cassandra, Elasticsearch, Kafka, Zookeeper, or similar engines
- Good knowledge of Linux operating system (particularly Debian based)
You will have a significant advantage if you have:
- Experience with more than one cloud provider
- Experience with Hadoop ecosystem (HDFS, Spark, Yarn, Flink)
- Golang, Java/Scala, or NodeJs programming skills
- Flexibility and safety are important to us! As a company we were quick to react when the Corona pandemic began, sending all our employees to work from home. If you start out as a new employee at relayr, you will be working from home, enjoy a structured digital onboarding programme and flexible working hours.
- Modern office located in Kreuzberg with a relaxation room, standing-desks, free fruits, and a high-end espresso machine
- Relayrians come from all over the world, speak 20+ languages (working language is English), and welcome people of all ages and parental statuses. Our customers are as diverse as we are - join us to connect with a network of companies and people from around the globe
- An extensive on-boarding period so you can get up to speed with the rest of the team
- A learning environment where you can build upon your skills and interests, share knowledge, access our expanding professional library, and attend events and conferences pertaining to your discipline. We also offer free German classes at all levels
- Have some fun with regular team lunches and offsites, a yearly company summit, and our branded goodies
- Competitive salary
- We fully support your move to Berlin with a relocation budget and visa assistance. We'll help you settle into your exciting new city!
- 25 paid vacation days + public holidays
- Discounted Urban Sports Club membership
- Choose between a Mac, Windows, or a Linux machine
- We offer the ability to work with the newest tech-stack and the most talented engineers in IoT industry!
At relayr, we are passionate about creating an inclusive workplace that promotes and values diversity. As firm believers in the power of different perspectives, we encourage our employees to share knowledge and exchange bold ideas to help innovation in the IoT industry thrive. We are committed to creating a fair, supportive, and open environment for all.